Our coffee makers are a life saver and we use them every morning. So we definitely need to clean them. Learn how to clean your coffee maker with tips from our blog:
Have you every brewed your morning coffee only to find that it has a bitter taste? Maybe you shouldn’t have tried that new coffee flavor? Actually, most likely your coffee maker is just in need of a good cleaning.
Just washing out the coffee pot will is not enough. If you want fresh rich flavored coffee, you will need to clean your coffee maker on a regular basis. It will make for better tasting coffee as well as a healthier beverage.
When you think about dirty, germy places in your home your first thought is probably the bathroom or where you keep the trash and not your coffee maker. Believe it or not, the coffee maker is right up there as one of the germiest spots.
Coffee makers, especially ones that get used frequentlym are constantly damp which is a perfect place for mold and bacteria to grow.
A study found that your coffee maker might have even more germs then some spots in your bathroom due to the high possibility of yeast, mold, and coliform bacteria. Yuck! You can see it is important to clean your coffee maker.
We have provided some tips to clean your coffee maker and keep it and bacteria-free. A clean coffee maker will also make for a better tasting cup of Joe too!
Tips to Clean Your Coffee Maker
Daily cleaning: Each time you use the coffeemaker you should clean it to avoid mold and bacteria growth.
- It is beast to wash all removable parts of the coffee maker after each use to remove coffee, grinds, and oils.
- Empty grinds into the trash then fill the sink with warm water and soap.
- Remove all removable pieces of the coffeemaker and wash them with the warm water and soap.
- Rinse all pieces and allow to air dry.
- Wipe out the reservoir in the back of the coffee maker with a paper towel and leave the lid open to let it air dry completely. Mold and bacteria love moisture!
Cleaning once a month: If you clean your coffee maker after each use it will help prevent mold and bacteria growth but you will still want to do a deep clean at least once a month. Also, hard water minerals can build up in your coffeemakers inner workings which will make coffee take longer to brew due to a slow drip.
- Start by filling the reservoir of your coffeemaker with equal parts water and white vinegar.
- Place a paper filter into the machine’s empty basket (where you put the coffee grounds).
- Make sure the pot is underneath the drip and the brew the solution halfway.
- Next, turn off the coffeemaker for about 30 minutes to let it soak.
- Then, turn the coffeemaker back on and finish brewing the solution.
- Dump the vinegar and water solution.
- Fill the reservoir with clean water.
- Rinse everything out by placing a new paper coffee filter then filling the reservoir with plain water.
- Repeat this one more time.
- If your coffee pot is stained and dingy try filling it with warm soapy water and a little rice. Allow the solution to sit for a few minutes then stir the mixture with a spoon to loosen stains and grime. Finish by scrubbing it with a sponge or cleaning cloth. Finally, rinse the pot out well.
- Don’t forget to clean the outside of your coffeemaker as well dust and other tiny particles can accumulate on the outside.
Professional Carpet Cleaning
A clean home is a happy home. It is important for the health of you and your family that there is not hidden mold or bacteria lurking about. This includes in area you always expect to find it like your coffeemaker, carpet or furniture.
Chem-Dry of Auburn/Lincoln carpet cleaning service uses the most innovative equipment in combination with our powerful yet natural cleaning solution the Natural.
Since our carpet cleaning solution is 100% safe for your family and pets since we do not use any dangerous chemicals what so ever.
Other carpet cleaning services use a lot of soap which is very difficult to completely remove from carpet. Soap left behind on carpet will attract dirt and dust and lead to discoloration.
In an attempt to remove all the soap other carpet cleaning services rely on using gallons of water to rinse out the soap, unfortunately, this rarely removes all the soap. This will also leave your carpet damp for hours. Moisture left on carpet can lead to mold and mildew growth.
Chem-Dry of Auburn/Lincoln does not use soaps so there is no need to use so much water. Instead, we use the power of carbonation to lift then remove dirt, dust, and stains from carpet.
For more information about Chem-Dry of Auburn/Lincoln call (530) 889-1144.