Discover how bicycling helps the environment from our blog. It’s fun and it’s healthy too:
Bicycling helps the environment and it is also great for your health.
May is the Sacramento region’s annual bike month. So ride your bike to save our natural resources. Join your neighbors and coworkers in riding your bike to school, work, and errands or just for fun this May!
Bike month is for anyone who rides a bike. Riding your bike saves fuel costs, and helps reduce air pollution. It is also a great way to get outdoors and enjoy the beautiful May weather.
No matter how much you ride your bike ever little distance counts. The region’s goal is two million miles for this year. Last year about 1,200 Placer County citizens registered for May Bike Month and logged about 230,000 miles together.
Auburn has had the privilege to boost the most miles ridden per capita than any other city in the region for the third year in a row!
Register for Bike Month at mayisbikemonth.com. There will be monthly drawings for prizes, rallies, individual, group and employer challenges, safety clinics, organized rides, and awards!
So we all know that cycling is good for your health and bicycling helps the environment but you might not know just how good it is.
Here is a list of awesome health biking benefits:
- Easy on the joints – Biking is low impact exercise. It is much better on your joints than running or other high- impact aerobic exercises.
- Reduces stress – Bicycling has been shown to help reduce stress and promote relaxation.
- Feel Younger – Cycling can make you feel younger and not just because it takes to back the days when you had a bike basket and bell and felt like you were flying when going down a steep hill. Research has shown that physically bikers generally enjoy the health benefits of someone 10 years younger.
- Full Body Work Out – Mountain biking is a great exercise for your whole body. When mountain biking you a shifting your weight and sometimes carrying or pushing your bike this works the arms, chest, abs and core stability.
- Balance- Biking improves your balance and stability.
- Biking for Transportation – Biking is an amazing exercise because it doubles as transportation. You can exercise by biking to work, school, the store or anywhere!
- Lower Body strength – Bike riding helps develop strong lower body by working the quadriceps, hamstrings, and buttocks.
- You get fresh air in your lungs while biking.
How Bicycling Helps the Environment:
Here is a list of awesome environmental biking benefits:
- Biking does not leave any carbon footprint.
- Bicycling is a great transportation option for people who don’t have access to motor transportation.
- Bicycling saves the use of fuel and your money!
- Switching from a car to a bike saves you money on purchase price, gas, tires, oil changes, fluids, insurance, maintenance, and parking.
- Cycling instead of using a motor vehicle reduces emissions and pollution.
- Biking is a great way to meet your neighbors and build a community.
- It helps to reduce road wear and tear.
- Bicycling helps to reduce deforestation because bicycles use much less rubber, fuel, or lubricants than vehicles.
- Saves animals’ lives by reducing road kill.
- Bicycling reduce water pollution because it does not leak transmission fluid, anti-freeze, or toxic dust.
- It reduces air pollution since bicycling does not emit any gasses. Riding your bike instead of driving a car for a four-mile trip will save about 15 pounds of pollution from being emitted into the air we breathe.
Professional Carpet Cleaning
Bicycling is a great active that you can enjoy with friends or family.
Riding your bike whenever possible to work, school, the store or just for fun to help the environment and enjoy some great health benefits too!
Chem-Dry of Auburn/Lincoln provides the best quality carpet cleaning service while remaining 100% eco-friendly and green.
Chem-Dry of Auburn/Lincoln uses the power of carbonation to lift and remove deeply embedded dirt, toxins, and stains.
Other carpet cleaning services rely on soap to clean carpet. The problem is that soap is not easy to remove and when it has not been completely removed from the carpet it will attract dust and dirt which will eventually lead to discoloration of the carpet.
In order to attempt to remove the soap, other carpet cleaning systems use gallons of water to rinse the carpet. This is not great for the environment or your carpet. It takes a long time for your carpet to dry and carpet left wet for a long period will lead to mold and mildew growth.
Chem-Dry of Auburn/Lincoln provides Drier. Cleaner. Healthier. Carpet cleaning.